225 East Stuart Avenue is a unique and exceedingly charming two story commercial office building centrally located in the heart of the historic district in downtown Lake Wales, Florida. The building was purchased in 2006 by True North USA Holdings, LLC and is operated as an upscale multi-tenant executive office space . We feel very fortunate and proud to manage this incredibly attractive historic building.
NOTE: Leasing for executive office suites in this property is on a referal basis due to the established professional environment and the unique mix of common areas, furnishings, equipment, technology, and services available.
The Building has a rich and memorable past including being the Lake Wales Rexal Drug Store for many years and as such; it was the home of the town's favorite soda fountain and a frequent meeting spot for Lake Wales families and businessmen alike for decades.
The drug store building was purchased in the mid 80's by Lake Wales' and Florida's favorite son Robin Gibson. It was completely renovated and converted into one of his first law offices and resulted in an architecturally rich and interesting workspace due to Robin's distinctive touch and the brilliance of his architect.
The interior contains a dramatic naturally lighted core via beautiful architecturally designed two story vaulted natural wood ceilings. It has large executive offices with adjoining secretarial areas (4), central lobby and reception, kitchen, baths (3), storage areas as well as a stunning two story law library, study loft and conference room with the original historic law books still warmly adorning the shelves.
The building is appointed with:
- antique brick, glass and copper facade with large planter insets shading front of lobby and conference room areas
- extensive naturally stained wood cabinetry, doors, bookshelves, and decorative moldings throughout
- sandstone and decorative marble floors in the common areas and stairway
- plush sculptured carpeting in executive offices, conference and hospitality areas
- silestone/granite counter tops in kitchen and baths
- built in custom wood cabinetry and shelving in executive offices and meeting areas
- art collection celebrating Florida and local artists hang in common areas
- extensive architecturally designed work and accent lighting throughout
- commercially monitored SONITROL security system with internet based 24X7 video monitoring and reporting, wireless tenant ID fobs, wireless personal panic buttons
- wireless hi speed cable internet service throughout
- wireless overhead remote controlled video projector, 100 inch projection screen, and media hub (DVD/CD/TV/MP3/Radio/Internet) with 5 channel surround sound in the conference room
- wet bar, clear ice machine and cable TV, DVD, VCR, MP3 in the loft lounge with adjacent task workspace/meeting area with porcelin grease board, managers chairs, LCD monitor, CAT5 switch and wireless access point, portable projector, etc.
- centralized stereo sound system distributed throughout the building with individual workspace volume controls
- service alley, local artists outdoor display, adjacent public parking and city marketplace at the rear of the building
The Location is small town America at its best! This property is located in the heart of historic downtown Lake Wales, Florida. and when we say heart we are talking dead center! Tenants in this property have a valuable and charming array of shops and infrastructure within walking distance. Most are within a one block radius of the building. They include:
- Three Major Banks ( Bank of America, Wachovia Bank, and Sun Trust Bank)
- The Lake Wales US Post Office
- The Lake Wales Police Department
- The Lake Wales Public Library
- The Lake Wales Women's Club
- The L:ake Wales Senior Center
- The Lake Wales News
- The Lake Wales Care Center
- Eight different eating establishments including restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, grills, bakeries, and an old world soda shop.
- Home offices of four of the principal law firms in Polk County
- Barber shops(2) and beauty salons(3)
- True Value Hardware Store
- Travel Agencies(2)
- Dry Cleaners (3)
- Convenience Store and Gas Station
- Old City Hall and the Future Home of Polk Community College, Lake Wales Campus
- Lake Wales NAPA Auto Parts
- Electrical Supply Store
- Art Galleries (3)
- Plumbing Supply Store
- Investment Brokers (4)
- Jewelry Store
- Churches (3)
- Irrigation and Landscape Maintenance Company
- Insurance Agents (3)
- Real Estate Agents, Appraisers, and Brokers (4)
- Opticians, Opthamologists, Orthodontist, Dentist
- Title Company
- Secretariial Service
- Tanning Salon
- Real Estate Developer
- Flag and Banner Store
- Massage Salon
- Upholstery Shop
- Food Caterering Service
- Antique Stores (2)
- Furniture and Interior Design Stores (3)
- Architects (2)
- Prestigous CPA and Tax Law Firm
- Lake Wales Charter Schools -Superintendent and District Offices
- Bed and Breakfast Establishment
- Two blocks from beautiful Lake Wailes and the associated lake walk, public parks, picnic area, ball fields, pram fleet clubhouse, and playgrounds
The City of Lake Wales is located in the central portion of the Florida Peninsula, mid-way between Tampa on the West Coast and Vero Beach on the East Coast. Lake Wales is also about 45 miles South and West of Orlando, Florida and about a 35 minute drive to Disney World.
Historic District Signs Historic District Stuart Ave Looking East - 1926 Historic District - Stuart Ave Looking East/NorthEast Historic District - Stuart Ave Looking East/SouthEast Historic District - Stuart Ave Cafe Directly Across Street From Us Historic District - Stuart Ave Rhodesbuilt Arcade - Next Building East of Us Historic District - Old City Hall - New Home Of Polk Community College Historic District - Rhodesbuilt Arcade Park Ave Entrance Historic District - Looking East From Rooftop Of Grand Hotel Toward Lake - Stuart Ave (R), Park Ave (L) Historic District Looking East/SouthEast From Rooftop Of Grand Hotel toward Lake - Stuart Ave (C) Historic District Looking South/SouthEast From Rooftop Of Grand Hotel Historic District Looking North From Rooftop Of Grand Hotel Historic District Looking North From Rooftop Of Grand Hotel Historic District Looking North/NorthWest From Rooftop Of Grand Hotel
For maps and driving instructions use the MapQuest link below:
Go to Map Quest
Downtown Lake Wales is a very small, quiet city with many historic buildings. The downtown motto fits it well .... "Vintage Charm and Progressive Vision". Lake Wales was a wintering spot for many of the early US industrialists and their families. Many of their heirs still winter here.
Lake Wales is known internationally as the home to :
- Historic Bok Santuary
Built by Edward W. Bok, a Pulitzer Prize winning author, and early editor and chief of the Ladies Home Journal. The landscape design was by Frederick Law Olmstead, the renowned landscape architect for Central Park in New York City. This is an immensely beautiful and tranquil garden and wildlife sanctuary.
- Chalet Suzanne Restaurant
An internationally rated Five Star restaurant with it's own airstrip and a frequent stop off point for movie stars and other international celebrities.
- Florida's Natural Orange Juice Cooperative
A nationally advertised and recognized orange juice cooperative owned by local farmers.
- Lake Wales Airport
An internationally recognized sky diving hot spot. Home of the 2003 U.S. Sky Diving Nationals.
- Lake Wales Charter Schools, Inc.
A unique, innovative and extremely promising experiment in bettering Florida public education in grades 1 through 12. The Charter School system is proud to have on its teaching staff the 2007 National Science Teacher Of The Year, Beth Giles . This prestigous award is made annually by The National Science Foundation and The White House. We take great pride and satisfaction in supporting this project and the children of our community.
- 2004 Home To Tropical Hurricanes Charley, Frances, and Jeanne
Lake Wales has the unique and historic distinction of being one of the very few Florida communities in the eye path of three of the four major hurricanes striking the state in the year 2004.
- 2005 Junior League World Series Champion Girls Softball Team.
This amazing Lake Wales softball team comprised of girls between the ages of 13 and 14 competed against other teams from the USA East, USA West, USA South, USA Southwest, Asia, The Pacific Basin, Canada, Latin America, Europe, The Middle East, and Africa to win the 2005 Junior League World Series Softball championship held annually in Kirkland, Washington and administered by Little League Baseball, Inc.
Links that will tell you more about this area:
- Historic Bok Sanctuary
- Chalet Suzanne Restaurant
- Sky Diving Lake Wales
- Florida's Natural Orange Juice
- Lake Wales Charter Schools, Inc.
- Lake Wales Chamber Of Commerce
- Lake Wales Museum
- Lake Wales Historic District
- Lake Wales Arts Center
- Cypress Gardens Adventure Park - Winter Haven
- Fantasy Of Flight - Polk City
- Sebring International Raceway - Sebring
- Disney World - Orlando
- Universal Studios - Orlando
- Sea World Adventure Park - Orlando
- Bush Gardens - Tampa
- Lake Kissimmee State Park
- Highlands Hammock State Park
- Orlando International Airport
- Tampa International Airport
- Green Horizon Land Trust
- Prestige Partners LLC- Our Office Support Business Partners
- F3 Computerized Solutions- Our Web Host and Microsoft Certified Technology Consultants
- Legacy Studio - Our Extremely Talented Friends and Office Neighbors - Janet Privett and Christy Rohde
- John Connor, The Third Millennium Russia Fund - An Internationally Renowned Fund Manager and Prestigious Tenant
- True North USA LLC - Our Tenant and Sister Corporation
The Renovation and loving makeover of this extremely charming old building has been a huge effort. Every wall, every piece of woodwork, every floor. every ceiling, every sink, every faucet, and every appliance, etc. etc. has been re-done. We could never have accomplished what we have ...without the help of some extremely talented and dedicated people; not the least of which includes the tenants that have lived in the building through this whole process. To all of you we extend our sincerest thanks and appreciation. We dedicate the following to all of you!
Before presenting pictures from the project ...We especially want to thank two major contributors. We just couldn't say enough good things about them.
The Interior Decorator - Chantal Carole Cooper - Chantal had a hand in every color selection, every finish, every texture, every new piece of furniture. This is a totally elegant, sweet, sensitive, patient, fun, energetic and talented young lady and someone whom we think has a very bright future. We would recommend her to anyone!
The Contractor - Tom Averitt - Tom is a local icon and man of many talents. There is nothing he won't tackle that involves a hammer, saw or paint brush. Besides all of his many talents he is an entertainer and story teller, and someone with great heart and sense of humor. We not only hired the right guy for the job; we got to know someone we now consider a trusted friend.
For those of you who want to see what a project like this looks like ... click on the following link to see a photo recap of same.( Note: Coming Soon. ...Nothing Released as of The Current Date & Time)